There Is Much You May Not Know About Brazil
When you think about Brazil, you may think of all of the wonderful things that make the culture in this beautiful country unique and endlessly interesting. Brazil is home to world-class soccer, amazing dance traditions, unique food and beverages, interesting history, and much more. This is a large country with a range of people groups and ethnic influences that allow you to experience a dizzying array of cultures as you travel throughout it.
No two experiences in Brazil are the same, and you could return again and again and encounter something new. As much as you think you already know about Brazil, there are many things you probably don’t know. You could spend a lifetime traveling here and still find there are new things to learn. Some facts about this amazing country that you may not know include the following:
- Brazil is the fifth most populated country in the world.
- Portuguese is the official language here, as Brazil was a Portuguese colony for 322 years.
- There are more animal and plant species in Brazil than anywhere else in the world.
- Over the last 150 years, Brazil has been the largest producer of coffee.
- The world’s largest swamp is found in Brazil.
- There are approximately 180 spoken languages in Brazil.
- While mostly a tropical country, there are also deserts, mountain territories and rainforests here.
- São Paulo is the largest city in the southern hemisphere.
- Brazil is home to approximately two-third of the Amazon rainforest.
- Queimada Grande Island in Brazil is home to so many venomous snakes that few people are allowed to step foot there.
These lesser-known facts about this amazing country only scratch the surface of the many things you may learn about Brazil as you travel here or read more about this interesting place. Whether you want to experience this amazing country first-hand or want to bring some elements of Brazilian culture into your home, you will find there is no shortage of things to learn and explore.